Locum tenens physician interviews are different than interviews for other job positions. As a healthcare administrator, you’re tasked with finding someone who fits the requirements of the job you’re offering, as well as the cultural aspects of your healthcare facility. While job interviews go with the flow of the interviewee, below are some tips for interviewing physicians for emergency medicine, telemedicine, or any other healthcare job placement, for that matter.
Tell Me About Yourself
This is normally the first question that’s asked in any interview. You’ll want to listen to the following:
- Training experience
- Work and career background associated with the profession
- If dreams/goals are in line with the position you’re interviewing for
Why Did You Choose Medicine
If you have a potential employee on your hands, their answer should avoid anything that has to do with pay and the emergency medicine salary. You’ll want to continue an interview with someone who provides you with an answer related to how they want to help and make a change.
What Can you Bring to the table
By asking this question, you can gauge their response to determine what they can bring to the team and the working environment. If they make seemingly false promises, they may not be the right candidate for the job.
Where Do You See Yourself In Five Years
A good locum tenens candidate will be honest with their answers because it will benefit both parties. Don’t discount the interviewee if they’re unsure of where they’ll be in five years, for this is still an acceptable answer in this situation.
What Are Your Strengths And Weaknesses
You can ask about their strengths and weaknesses in the workplace, as well as in their personal life. Each answer will give you a better understanding of their personality and how they would potentially fit in with their coworkers.
Additional Questions for Interviewing Physicians
- How do you react under pressure?
- What is one achievement you’re very proud of?
- Do you have goals or objectives?
- Why are you interested in this position with Mint Physicians?
- What kind of salary are you seeking with this position?
- Why should we hire you for this position?
- Describe a time when you had to use your skills to adapt to your surroundings in a facility.
- Have you ever misdiagnosed a case? If so, how did you resolve it?
- How do you deal with difficult coworkers?
- How do you deal with difficult patients?
- What is a typical day at your current job like?
- Are there any policies you disagree with? If yes, why?
Latest posts by Ashley Coley (see all)
- Preparing for Your First Locum Tenens Assignment - February 24, 2020
- Locum Tenens Can Save Your Career - November 6, 2019
- Thankful for Locum Tenens Care During the Holiday Season - November 1, 2019