Locum Tenens Information for Facilities
Thank you for considering Mint Physician Staffing for your locum tenens and permanent placement needs. We are proud to offer qualified Board Certified and Board Eligible physicians across the U.S. whom will meet your staffing criteria. Mint Physician Staffing was one of the first agencies to be certified for locum tenens staffing by the Joint Commission, in addition to our membership with NALTO. We do all credentialing in-house and provide A-rated medical malpractice insurance with tail coverage.
At Mint Physician Staffing, we specialize in the hard-to-find physician. While the majority of our physicians are within the specialties below, contact us if you have a requirement for rare and unique skills.
Physicians in our network are specialized in:
- Emergency Medicine (ABEM/AOBEM & primary care-trained)
- Family Practice
- Hospitalist & Nocturnist
- Internal Medicine
- Occupational Medicine
- Urgent Care
Why use locum tenens physicians?
- In most instances, locum tenens physicians more than pay for themselves in terms of professional service revenue.
- The absence of one physician for one week can cost thousands of dollars of lost revenue.
- In most cases, a hospital or clinic can bill for the locum tenens physicians services using the permanent doctors provider numbers.
- Locum tenens physicians can be brought in to demonstrate the viability of an incremental position and its return on investment prior to the new medical physician joining the ranks permanently.
- The absence of one physician can cause increased wait-times, cancellations, and patient dissatisfaction.
- It takes an average of 9 to 12 months to recruit a permanent staff physician; locum tenens help bridge the gap.
- Work with a candidate on a locum tenens basis prior to making a permanent hire.
Additional benefits of utilizing a locum tenens physician include:
- Patient satisfaction
- Referring physician satisfaction
- Existing physician retention
Also, in most cases, a hospital or clinic can bill for the locum tenens physicians services using the permanent doctors provider numbers. This also applies for a period of six months if a temporary physician is taking over for a doctor who has been terminated or left the practice voluntarily.
Finally, be aware that special modifier codes can be used when a locum tenens physician begins seeing patients before their Medicare/Medicaid provider number applications have been processed.
Contact an account manager at Mint Physician Staffing today for more information.
Our recruiters are on standby and
ready to contact you at your convenience.
Make money for you AND
your friends by telling them about Mint!
Become a part of the Mint
Physicians sales & recruiting team now.